"Two wrongs may not make a right but a thousand wrongs make a writer.”

Monday, September 25, 2023

Teeth Of The Beast - Monday's Musings

 

It’s official

Black Friday is now on the calendar

like an American holiday. 


Even Band-Aids are made in China.

My mother’s stainless-steel bowl

is stamped Made in USA. 


Hummingbird feeders hang untended and bereft

as summer sets sail in her wraparound skirt

throwing wet kisses from a vaporous cloud.

Can't say I'm sorry to say goodbye


because I have beets simmering in the pot

and an olive oil cake to whip up in that bowl, 

from a recipe I got at Dario Cecchini's kitchen 

the famous butcher of Panzano.


In between time I've hit send on my first  newsletter

composed by my lonely self with no help from the AI beast

that's been unleashed in our midst without so much

as a by-your-leave.


Send me a message here 

and I will share Dario's olive oil cake with you.


Over and out. Now to curl up with a good book

while the oven works.

2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so enjoyed this peek into your kitchen. I am very ready for fall and winter too - root vegetables, soups, books, movies, fuzzy blankets. I agree about the AI - no one asked us if we wanted it out there lurking about.

Anthony Duce said...

Wow. Wonderful chain of observations and imagery. Love “summer sets sail in her wraparound skirt throwing kisses….”.