"Two wrongs may not make a right but a thousand wrongs make a writer.”

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

America - Love it Or Give It Back

I had one of my best readings right here at our local township library. This man, with the evocative message on his shirt, made an indelible impression on me. I was honored he asked me to sign a book for his daughter. 



My novel, Let Evening Come, is about the displacement of Indigenous peoples, love and loss, broken treaties and sundered promises. His shirt says it all and made me feel I had written something of worth. I'm sad that in the confusion of signings and surrounding conversation, I didn't get his name. That he had me sign it for his daughter, felt like the best tribute of all.

Regarding book signings, I'm doing a Summer Solstice giveaway. Throw your name in the hat here. All you have to do is sign up for my newsletter. I promise to keep the content interesting and the mailings sparse. 



6 comments:

Fireblossom said...

What a cool, affirming moment!

Yvonne Osborne said...

Thanks Shay! It certainly felt that way. Thank you for commenting.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

How wonderful that you wrote a book with such an important message. Such an affirming response to warm your heart. Yay!

Mary said...

Sounds like a successful event!

Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

What a wonderful experience.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Vanessa, It was indeed. Thanks!!

Mary,
Thanks for commenting. I just wish there was a way to get together with all of our blogging buddies.

Sherry,
Thanks so much. Yes, it was heart warming.