"Two wrongs may not make a right but a thousand wrongs make a writer.”

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Solution for Overpopulation to Rival Swift’s

Roundup in the corn flakes
Roundup in the bread
Roundup in the pasta
Roundup in our heads.
Endocrine disruptors-
we don’t know who we are,
but we strive to feed the world
at Monsanto’s tireless side.
And in environmental testing,
male frogs like male frogs-
we’re feminizing boys
and they won’t know who they are.


If you can tell a story in 55 words, it's time to participate in the Friday Flash 55 event hosted by the G-Man. Post it then click it to meet the man and some other talented folks as well.

Actually, I cheated. This isn't fiction. I wish it were.

16 comments:

moondustwriter said...

gosh isn't life confusing enough?

that's a packed 55

G-Man said...

Oh yeah...
Now I remember your love for Monster Monsanto!!!
Powerful soap boxing here young lady.
And...I really liked your 55!!
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

Al said...

We are on a scary ride.

Brian Miller said...

someones been poisoning the water hole...nice 55

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh my, your point is loud and clear and needing no more than these 55 words. Love it.

knot eye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
knot eye said...

with your words, I have some hope for us all...thank you for stopping by...Peace, hp

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow, sad,
love the way you say it.
what a yummy and funny ride.

Lulda Casadaga said...

I was so sick last weekend and kept thinking..ok, what the hell did I eat and what was in it that made me so sick...food for thought! :D

Jemi Fraser said...

You sure pack a lot into those 55 - love the way your brain works! :)

TALON said...

It is sad that it's true. Seems nothing is safe anymore...if it ever was...

Felicitas said...

Isn't this situation unbelieveable?! I don't know how these corporations are being allowed to continue poisoning our food supply. I guess not enough of us have gotten the message...so thank you for this powerful science non-fiction 55!

LARCHMONT said...

That was great. Packed a strong punch. I love the image of the male frogs and the feminized boys. Ah, Monsanto--I thought back in the day it was a fictional firm! Doesn't it sound like something made up? Thanks for posting your poem--I guess we all wish it were fiction, too!

Nessa said...

We fictionalize to make the truth a more powerful warning.

Anonymous said...

Greetings, Happy Sunday! Blessings…

Friendship Awards, Enjoy!
Thanks for the support, You Rock!
xxx

Anonymous said...

AH! Why do you make me think about these things? Okay, food is kind of important so I'll let you off.