"Two wrongs may not make a right but a thousand wrongs make a writer.”

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

One More Flash For The G-Man

FLASH 55

It's been a while
without his smile.

Fridays have never been the same
though it's been a while

without the G-Man in my
blogroll. It's been a while.

I never got to boast a Yahtzee
never had that cup-a-Joe.

His graciousness I sorely miss
though it's been a while.

It's been a while
without his smile.


When Galen Hayes retired from active blogging, he passed the Flash 55 mantle to the Imaginary Garden With Real Toads. This prompt was a final tribute to him. He died suddenly last month. They will be offering the meme on the first weekend of every month in his memory. Thank you, poets of the garden, for giving me a forum to say goodbye.

10 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Galen is greatly missed. Thanks, Yvonne.

Kay L. Davies said...

More and more, as I read about him, I wish I had known Galen. Thanks for your poem, and for your comment on mine.
K

Maude Lynn said...

I miss him, too.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I can tell from all the tributes that he was a very special man. I used to see his "have a kick-ass weekend" everywhere! I am glad his flash-55 continues in his memory.

Jemi Fraser said...

Nicely done. I've never participated in the 55 but I've enjoyed reading them

Grace said...

Such a touching tribute to Galen ~ He is sadly missed ~

Anonymous said...

finely done, Yvonne ~

Yvonne Osborne said...

Thanks to each and every one of you who have responded to my meager effort of a poem. I'm responding personally via your individual blogs. Carry on...

Amrit Sinha said...

This is such a beautiful tribute ... loved it :-)

Yvonne Osborne said...

Amrit,
Hey...thank you so much!