"Two wrongs may not make a right but a thousand wrongs make a writer.”

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Underground

The Literary Lab is running a new contest, Notes From Underground. It is the perfect contest for the crazy writer in you. Crazy and wonderful. Anything underground is intriguing to me, and this more so because of the obvious reference to a particular Russian writer (at least I found the title so). I have a few smouldering ideas I can dredge up and expound upon, and I bet you do too. Click on their link for more details and then grab this cool image for your sidebar.

You have most of the summer to come up with something intriguing enough to capture thir attention.

In the meantime, Suzanne Hayze and Amanda Bonilla have started a new joint blog, Writing Out The Angst. They helped each other and signed their agents within two months of each other and now they're offering to help all of us. To kick things off they are offering query critiques to a few lucky followers. But beyond that, their new blog is writer friendly and chock full of agent information.

The Roman writer and statesman Seneca said "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yvonne,

Thanks for the great links. I'm not sure I'm a very literary writer, but I may think about the contest : )

~ cat

Suzanne Casamento said...

I love that quote. We have to be prepared when the opportunity hits. So I'm writing like cRaZy.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Cat,
Maybe you'll surprise yourself. This is a pretty uniquely formulated contest. I'm not even quite sure I understand it!

Suzanne,
Me too. I thought Mr. Seneca pretty much hit that one on the head of the nail!

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks for the links - lots of fun to be had, so off I go... :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those links - both are great finds.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Layinda,
Hi! Thanks for reading and commenting. I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the "heads up." Underground, is certainly intriguing. fun!

TK Richardson said...

Yvonne, you won!! Drop by my blog to see. :)

Wine and Words said...

I am too raw and vulnerable for critiques. My writing is in infancy, new in knowledge, execution and release. Better to keep it quiet for now. But I applaud all those brave souls who enter contests and write books, and do poetry readings. Bravo. Go get 'em.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Sarah,
You're welcome. I think so too.

TK,
Thanks! I'm so excited.


Annie,
You are a wonderful writer and you'll know when you're ready. Don't be too quiet for too long. I could never do a poetry reading. My knees shook like a jackhammer the last time I tried. Those are the poets I applaud. It's very hard to put yourself out there.