"Two wrongs may not make a right but a thousand wrongs make a writer.”

Saturday, March 23, 2024

The Elevator Pitch ๐Ÿ“šand Last Call

The hardest thing for an author to articulate is the one-sentence pitch. I've made a hundred adjustments and it still doesn't feel right. ๐Ÿ˜•

Let Evening Come  is the story of an Indigenous person displaced from his ancestral home in Canada and the motherless farm girl from Michigan who befriends him. 

Since I'm within ten days of my book launch (shiver, shake, commiserate) I thought I'd give last call for my newsletter signup. Sign up by April 2nd and your name will be included in the drawing for an autographed copy with some other goodies. Signed first printings are worth a lot!! ๐Ÿ˜€ My heartfelt thanks if you have already done so. 

The Worm Moon is shining in my window like a headlamp, illuminating the snow-covered landscape such as you wouldn't need one. A beacon in the darkling night while the world sleeps.




8 comments:

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

Yvonne, how wonderful that your debut novel is soon to be launched! Congratulations on a job well done! I'll sign up for your newsletter and when you post the links where to buy it, I'll be sure to pop over and add to my TBR pile! :) I am so thrilled for you! Enjoy this final push to holding your blood, sweat and tears in printed form :)!

Yvonne Osborne said...

Oh, Judy, thank you so much!!! I'll add all the "buy" buttons on my website, including the universal book link on the 2nd, or also here, there and everywhere! So nice to reconnect with you.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Best of sales with your new novel. I'm about to sign up for your newsletter, and I sign up for very few. Elevator pitches are hard. Sadly, I find myself in few elevators with literary agents! Here's mine for my latest, SAME AS IT NEVER WAS: think Stephen King writing a French Quarter "Oliver Twist" becoming a surreal "Band of Brothers." And like Judy Croome, I will buy a copy when your book is published.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Hi Roland,
Thank you so much. I don't sign up for many newsletters either. It requires a certain level of trust plus interest, so it means a lot to me. I've never found myself in an elevator with an agent. If I did I'd freeze and completely fumble the ball.Thank you for the Ebook. Can't wait to read it!!!

Anthony Duce said...

Looking forward to reading Let Evening Come. Sounds good to me.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Anthony,
Thank you!!! :) That's very encouraging.

Cloudia said...

You're writing talent shows in this post. Best wishes to you on the launch! Aloha!

Yvonne Osborne said...

Cloudia,
How kind of you to say. Thank you so very much. Aloha!!